Thursday, April 19, 2012

A Brief History

I'm starting this blog on the 33rd day of my 42 day plan for several reasons:

1) Between a husband and three kids, a full time job, a couple of crafty businesses and other life challenges, I'm one damn busy mama.

 2) While I've been seeing success from the beginning of this adventure, I'm just now realizing how I'd like to share it with others.

3) My husband made me promise to not reveal our results until after the 42 days. (if you've happened upon this site before 4/28/2012, you'll just have to wait until then to see the numbers. :P)

4) I think I'm going to continue past the 42 days and continue to share my experiences.

A BRIEF DISCLAIMER: As I will repeat several times throughout this site, nothing posted here is to be taken as medical advice. I am not a professionally trained physician, nutritionist, nor any other type of medical professional. I am merely imparting the experiences I have had and sharing what has worked for me. As with any change in diet and exercise, it is recommended to talk to your health care provider prior to making that change. 

THE BRIEF HISTORY
Firstly, I'd like to blame thank my lovely husband for hounding me with his relentless logic for three days in mid-March to convince me to try this plan.

To address several health concerns, his nutritionist had recommended several changes to his diet and exercise plan, which would undoubtedly be more successful had I agreed to make the same changes. Indeed, while I had no health issues at the time, my weight of 229 pounds on my 5'7” frame would likely lead to problems as I got older.

This brought me to a very real motivation: my children.

As I believe most parents do, I live for my children. I want them to grow up happy, creative, physically active, and healthy. But it was difficult to sustain activity with them; I tired quickly and often ended up resorting to sedentary play. My eating habits were not something I wanted to pass down to them.

Potential health concerns down the road, and possibly missing out on my kids' and grandkids' lives frightened me, but not as much as the thought of how they'd feel upon losing their mother due to a preventable weight-related issue.

And so, with my husband's health and my children's happiness in mind, I agreed to the 42-day plan. I did not anticipate that I would learn so much about myself in those first couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment